Whenever we check to start a blog, we are loaded brain with many options. Some options like Blogger, WordPress, Medium.com and Tumbler are very popular.
We took our experience on the Blogger Blogspot. Some bloggers transfer to WordPress after receiving their Blogger platform. When it comes to the two options of WordPress.com vs WordPress.org which one of the choices will we make. These ideas are born.
Apart from Blogger, the people who think about making money online about their online business or through their blogs. Who wants to keep on their first step WordPress. For them, WordPress.com vs WordPress.org is important to know.
I’m going to discuss this article in the two options, which is the best bet. It will be easy for you to keep the first step on WordPress.
Do you know that WordPress.com and WordPress.org are actually two very different platforms?
We are often asked by our users which is a better platform: WordPress.com vs. WordPress. Org To help answer this, we have a free WordPress.com comparison with WordPress.org org (self-hosted version). The most comprehensive comparison is made.
Our goal highlights the main difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.com so that you can choose the right platform for your needs.
WordPress.org vs. WordPress.com
WordPress is available in two forms: WordPress.com is an open source software which means that anyone is free to use and modify their personal needs (in this case, to create a blog) because it is free, Alternatively, WordPress.org provides the software to create your blog, but WordPress.org does not host your blog on the Internet for you.
To get a domain name and to host your blog online, you will have to pay a different hosting provider. Provides maximum flexibility and optimization by using WordPress.org with hosting host of payment.
If you want to understand as a video, you can see a video below.
WordPress.com vs WordPress.org Comparison
The “.com” version of WordPress is free to use for some, but there are some limitations that allow the “.org” version. With WordPress.com, they include a WordPress name that provides you with a domain name. In other words, you do not have to pay for a different domain name and hosting, they free provide one for you.
WordPress.com does not allow advertisements on your blog because, in addition, this site limits the amount of space you’re using and the number of optimizations you’ve made.
Yes, Of course, you can make your own experience on WordPress.com in a free, and later on, consider actually can making your blog journey on wordpress.org.
You can download themes created by WordPress to customize your site, but you can not use custom themes on WordPress.com.
- First free with 3 GB archive.
- No Maintenance – WordPress is powered for you.
- Regular Back Ups.
- The possibility of receiving additional traffic (although there cannot be quality ideas)
- Limited theme – You are limited to themes in the WordPress.com repository.
- Limited storage – If you get 3 GB with a free account, then you have to pay for more storage, which is the same value for regular hosting.
- Custom theme uploads require a business plan of $ 33 per month.
- No additional plugins are accepted (without using a business plan) – It can limit your choices when making your site decision-making.
- There is no FTP access to files – you cannot download your files directly via FTP.
- Unable to track analytics – You are unable to use ad serving like Google Adsense or track Google Analytics statistics.
- Content Limit Control – WordPress.com adds ads to your site, and if you want to remove them, you will have to pay.
“.org” service can create a blog for you, but instead of hosting it on your website, you need to buy your own domain name to host your site. However, paying for your own domain is very beneficial for a long time. This allows you to fully adapt capabilities, including custom themes and exclusive ads.
To summarize, self-hosted on your WordPress site means signing a copy of your website’s Content Management System (CMS), searching for a domain provider, and hosting a hosting service on the Internet. Users can get a free copy of free WordPress CMS from WordPress.org.
Simply in the word, you can download wordpress.org software on your computer or laptop and you can keep your website data local computer storage.
More importantly, you also have to see what features are available with each hosting package. The WordPress.org provides many features that are not available with WordPress.com, but you need to do more coding for your site May be. WordPress.org provides more control over your website, but this means that there is a lot of responsibility for your website maintenance.
WordPress.org is free to download on your computer, though, if you do not receive the host then your site will not be available online, WordPress.org does not provide the same support using WordPress.com, but when you do a good You can get good support if you get the hosting plan.
If you have decided to use a self-hosted blogging platform like WordPress, you have to buy hosting to run your websites. Here, where the most beginners make a mistake by choosing a free hosting or bad web hosting.
There are many cheap and reliable hosting services available for WordPress, and the best of them is the Bluehost.
Bluehost is the perfect domain and hosting for WordPress.org, you can see what Bluehost hosting plans are.
If you want to make your blog journey on WordPress, then I would recommend you consider buying Bluehost shared hosting. They can get a right and low cost for you.
- Premium Themes – You can install premium themes like Flowers on your site.
- It is super easy to use.
- Analytics – You can track your site’s analysis, and you can use paid advertising opportunities to drive traffic.
- Plugins – You can add plug-ins to third-party providers on your site so that you can add more functionality to your site.
- More control over your site and content – There is no ad on your site and you have complete control over what you see.
- The transaction with the issue of the site – If your site has been released then it is your responsibility to resolve it.
- It is necessary to backup your own site.
- Required Maintenance – You Need to Maintain WordPress
- Security is your responsibility – adding security plug-ins and spam blockers will help.
- Hosting payments are required, however, for regular hosting, there is an option between 3 to 10 dollars per month, which is similar to the price of Premium WordPress Commons, which has additional flexibility.
I hope this article has proved useful in understanding the difference between WordPress.org and WordPress.com.
You like this article, then you can share it on social media.
If there is any question, let us know in the comment box, we will definitely help you.